Egypt Classic tours helps you by frequently asked questions about travel to Egypt, Visa to Egypt, Main Festival in Egypt , Best Travel time to Egypt, Egypt tours, student traveler to Egypt, Beach Vacation in Egypt, dive Center in Egypt (Red Sea) ,Golf in Egypt ,souvenirs in Egypt, Airlines in Egypt, Trekking in Egypt, Oriental food in Egypt, Entrance fees for sight seeing in Egypt, Place to do shopping in Egypt, This section is designed specifically for all travelers to Egypt. As we hope it meet your needs
- What is the best time to travel to Egypt?
- What is the Main Festival in Egypt?
- What is the cost for entry Visa to Egypt and is it possible to get it upon arrival?
- Is there any discount for student travel to Egypt?
- Where are the finest diving spots in the Red Sea?
- Where are the finest beaches?
- Is it easy to go hiking or trekking in the desert?
- Which locations can be visited in the Sinai?
- Is it possible to rent a car and is it easy to drive around?
- What is the best way to travel long distances?
- What type of clothes should I wear during my traveling in Egypt ?
- Where can you find real Egyptian cuisine?
- What is the best way to visit the major attractions?
- How to book a Nile cruise once in Egypt?
- Is it a problem if I take photos of people?
- What is the famous souvenirs in Egypt?
- Where are the best places to do shopping in Egypt?
- Which airlines fly to Egypt?
- Can credit cards be used without any difficulty?
- And…what if I have a problem?
- How much does it cost Entrance fees for sight seeing in Egypt
1- What is the best time to travel to Egypt?
When you decide to travel to Egypt just!!!!!!
notice the time as each time in Egypt has different Weather and by that you need different stuff as well the place you are interesting to visit
Are hot and dry …the stuff you need at that time Cotton clothes, Sunglasses, Sun cream, Comfortable shoes, Hats, Towel
Are mild with some rain but usually there are sunny days …it is cold at night..the stuff you need ..,It is enough to bring with you 2 jackets .., pulse the normal stuff
The Best Weather are starting from the first of March
as it is starting for spring time
If you are interesting with desert tours do not forget to
bring sleeping bag with you
2-What is the Main Festival in Egypt?
22 Feb, Abu Simble Festival on e of the two days when the rising sun
hits the three key statues inside the temple, courtesy of Ramses II.
22 Oct, Abu Simble Festival,
3-What is the cost for entry Visa to Egypt and is it possible to get it upon arrival?
Tourist Visas can be obtained from
Egyptian consulates all over the world,
Visa are also issued at Emigration office
at Cairo airport for ( Canadian, American And European community passport holders) for $ 15 US Dollars. As your passport should be valid for at least six months
4-Is there any discount for student travel to Egypt?
(I S I C) International Student Identity Card
If you are a student and have your international student Card., you will enjoy a 50% discount for the cost of all entrance fees to the sight seeing, Also reductions for both train and flight tickets
If you do not have it but you have a proof that you are student, then we can help you to get the International Student Card in Egypt.
5-Where are the finest diving spots in the Red Sea?
In the Sinai:
– Dahab and the surrounding area:
Blue Hole, the Canyon, the Islands
– Sharm-El-Sheikh and the surrounding area:
End of the Road Reef
– Ras Mohammed: Ras Ghozlani
Along the coast:
– Near Hurghada: Shaab Abu Ramada
– Giftun island: Carless Reef
– Qosseir and the surrounding area:
Green Hole, Beit Goha, Sirena Beach Home Reef All year round, professional diving clubs run by qualified instructors (PADI or CMAS) organize introductory or sport dives (limited to a depth of 30 metres). A medical certificate may be required. There are also plenty of lovely things to see simply by snorkelling out from the beach.
6- Where can I play golf easily?
If you haven’t booked a golf theme holiday, you can still play golf once you arrive. The big hotels offer daily services, including a shuttle service, which are also available to people not staying with them.
In Cairo: Mena House Oberoi (founded in 1902), Gezira Club (9 holes) Katameya Heights (27 holes), Mirage City, Pyramids Al Soleimania (27 holes).
– the Royal Valley in Luxor, the Sporting Club in Alexandria.
– on the Red Sea: in Hurghada, the Cascades Golf Resort(18 holes), in El Gouna (18 holes), in Sharm El-Sheik: Jolie Ville Golf Resort (18 holes).
7-Where are the finest beaches?
On the Red Sea and in the Sinai, where mountains run all the way along the coastline. The beaches are often narrow and rocky, but they have been well developed.
Along the Mediterranean coast, there are an increasing number of resorts along the Marsa Matrouh road.
8-Is it easy to go hiking or trekking in the desert?
Specialized local agencies and the main hotels in Cairo, Sharm El-Sheik and Hurghada organize 4 x 4 discovery excursions to the Sinai and to the oases in the western desert: Egypt Exploration Society.
9-Which locations can be visited in the Sinai?
Moses Mountain, Saint Catherine’s Monastery, the Ras Mohammed National Park, Colored Canyon near Nuweiba…It is also possible to go hiking and climbing in the natural mountain ranges.
10- Is it possible to rent a car and is it easy to drive around?
Driving in Egypt is fairly “adventurous”. The traffic is not very organized and is very dense. In town, it is better to use taxis. For day trips, hire a chauffeur-driven car. In the desert, off-road driving is not recommended. It is better to go with a guide.
11-What is the best way to travel long distances?
Flying is the quickest way to get to the main tourist locations. As there are 1st Class conditioning train between Cairo – Aswan / Luxor Cairo – Cairo Alexandria .. Inner-city buses and trains are cheaper.
12- What type of clothes should I wear during my traveling in Egypt ?
As its known that Egypt is a tourist place so you have free for your choice to what to wear but it is just recommendation When you go to sightseeing, wear light cotton clothing, a hat, sun cream and sunglasses as the weather be hot in morning special in Pyramids area as it a desert .. When visiting religious buildings and when in town, dress correctly. Women must cover their heads, shoulders and legs. Take off shoes before going into mosques.
13-Where can you find real Egyptian cuisine?
– In Alexandria: Mohammed Ahmed, Kadura, Zephyrion
– In Cairo: Felfella, Andréa’s, Alfi Bey, Samakmak.
– In Luxor: Muhammad Cafeteria, Peace Abuzeid.
– In Aswan: Al-Masry.
– In Sharm El-Sheikh: Fish Restaurant.
14-What is the best way to visit the major attractions?
For security reasons, visits to the main attractions are closely guarded (under military protection between Luxor and Aswan). If you are not traveling as part of a group, you can organize your route when you get there with agencies in Cairo or Luxor, or else hire a car with a guide.
15-How to book a Nile cruise once in Egypt?
There are two kind of Nile Cruise for only hours sailing and this kind of Cruise in Egypt only in Cairo for Dinner Cruise the other kind to take Nile Cruise for days and this Nile Cruise from Aswan to Luxor at least two nights sailing but Luxury Nile Cruise Starting from three nights Sailing. Travel agencies in Cairo and Luxor offer cruises combined with tours of the main attractions Possibilities include a trip in a felucca, a trip along the Nile at sunset, or a several-day cruise ,it is better when you book Nile Cruise vacation in Egypt to book it with travel agent as it gives you more guaranteed
16-Is it a problem if I take photos of people?
In museums, buy a permit to film or take photos. In the streets, always ask for permission, especially before taking photos of women or religious people, as well as in rural areas. If not using digital cameras, make sure you take plenty of film rolls with you, especially highly sensitive ones, because they are very hard to come by in Egypt.
17-What is the famous souvenirs in Egypt?
Gold and silver jewelry and semi-precious stones, Bedouin embroidery from the Sinai, basket ware, cotton linen, papyrus, rugs, blown glass, spices, etc.
18-Where are the best places to do shopping in Egypt?
For craft goods and clothes, go to the souks or to Markets run by organizations that support traditional craftsmanship.
– In Cairo, go to the town center shopping centers, the Nomad and the Egypt Craft Center, to the fine boutiques and the “Souvenirs” souk in Khan al-Khalili Street and Pyramids area there is a good shopping there for Papyrus , silver and Carpet …….
– Luxor souk: spices, fabrics
– Aswan souk: Nubian baskets, shawls embroidered in Aswan.
– In El Arish: Bedouin crafts, jewelry, etc.
– In Alexandria, El-Attarine souk, which specializes in ancient objects and antiques. (ancient Egyptian antiquities(Original ) are not allowed to leave the country).
19-Which airlines fly to Egypt?
International airlines – Egypt Air and the main charter airlines fly to Egyptian airports: Cairo, Alexandria, Luxor, Aswan, Hurghada, Sharm El-Sheik, Taba, Saint Catherine, Borg-el-Arab, Assiut, etc.
20-Can credit cards be used without any difficulty?
Credit cards and travelers checks are accepted in the main hotels and large market. Most tourist stores also accept foreign currencies. Remember to keep a certain amount of small notes and change (25-piaster coins) handy for tips. As there are charge of 3% commission used only by Egyptian Banks
21-And…what if I have a problem?
Complaints should be made to the Tourism Police.
EGYPT EXCURSION FEES
If you have any more inquiries please do not hesitate to contact us at: Info@Egyptclassictours.com